(click to tweet)
Are you focused enough on leveling up yourself? Most business owners, or people who want to do more in life, think that they need to acquire new skill sets, when in reality they need to acquire new mindsets. New skills will only allow entrepreneurs to make the same amount of money different ways, but a new mindset will allow the an entrepreneur to make more money, and do more good in the world.
Peter Sage is my guest today. As a serial entrepreneur (he’s started approximately 23 companies) he understand what leads to success in business, as well as what leads to failure, and he has experienced both. Today, he’s sharing 7 ways to reinvent yourself to really level-up in business and life in a big way!
If you’ve ever wanted to get more out of your life, to increase both your income and the level of happiness and fulfillment in your life, this episode is for you! Listen up, take notes, and implement these mindset changes today on the James Swanwick Show!
(click to tweet)
- A business is an expression of the business owner. Most business owners are looking for ways to up their technical skills, when they really need to up their mindset
- Outer world ALWAYS follows inner world. If you think your life is too hectic, take a look at your mind, and your inner world
- Understand the difference between advice and opinion. If someone is giving you advice on a skill set, that’s important to heed. But if you’re too concerned about other people’s opinion, it’s a waste of energy
- Understand that everyone is the star of their own movie. That’s why it’s such a waste to modify your behavior based on what other people think. You’re only supporting cast at most, and often just extras. So modifying your behavior for them is a waste of time
- If you feel depressed, go help other people
- Write down what you’re grateful for to help make it less about you
- Don’t be distracted by news that doesn’t affect you. Focus on your life. Try giving up news for 30 days, and see if you’re any worse off. You’ll probably be better off
- Practice over-delivering in whatever you’re doing. The best job security is to do more than you get paid for
- The brain doesn’t process negation. Don’t focus on the negative, focus on the positive
The 7 steps
- Stop swimming in GOOP: Good Opinion of Other People
- Stop making it about you. Create something that brings other people massive amounts of value to be successful
- Upgrade your environment. You will conform to those that are around you, so surround yourself with people who are what you want to be
- Raise your level of consciousness. Understand that life happens by you, not to you. You are responsible for everything that happens in your life
- Understand what money is. Your financial bank account should not lead your emotional bank account. The emotional bank account actually leads the financial bank account. Money is nothing more than perception of abundance, triggered by gratitude. Money in the bank account is nothing more than a by-product of the value you can add
- Check your identity. Identity governs over 90% of what you do. Ask, who am I? Your labels limit you, so carefully define and understand your identity. Decide who you are consciously, and live that life
- Give your gift. Everyone has a unique gift to give, so focus on yours and give it
Get My Book Notes on 3 Life-Changing Books
Peter Sage on Youtube