We have lost touch with the world we used to live in. As a result people are unhealthier than ever. We are fatter, seeing a rise in diabetes, and chronic illnesses have gone through the roof. It’s time to stop doing what we’ve done for the last 50 to 100 years that has gotten us to this point.
We need to look back on how our ancestors used to live, and what they were doing right. Aside from getting infections our ancestors would actually live long healthy lives, with a much better quality of life. Not that we have antibiotics, everyone should be living much longer and better lives.
On this episode of the James Swanwick show, James interviews Dr. Noah De Koyer - host of Beyond Your Wildest Dreams Podcast. They discuss what people are doing wrong with their food choices and social choices that is causing our society to be unhappier and unhealthier than ever.
- What we’re doing today simply isn’t working.
- Chronic diseases cases are constantly increasing.
- We’re not honoring how we were designed as humans.
- We don’t honor our sleep cycles.
- We don’t move and sit all day.
- Infectious diseases are what took out our caveman ancestors when they were young.
- Infectious disease have been almost eradicated.
- Cavemen had a better quality of life, physically.
- We don’t have the same social interactions cave men did, sitting around telling stories.
- The sun would come up, and we would go out to work. When the night came we went home and started a fire.
- Fire doesn’t affect your circadian rhythm like artificial blue lights do.
- Your body sleeps better in a cooler temperature.
- There are several nutrients you can’t get from plants alone.
- The first thing a lion eats in the wild is the liver.
- Cavemen were fat adapted.
- Cavemen had starvation periods.
- There’s nothing wrong with a high plant based diet that have nutrients, but there needs to be meat.
- Plants are designed to keep you from eating them and have ways to decrease your nutrient intake from them.
- We’ve forgot the importance of really cooking our food.
- There is no one size fits all. Some people can survive on vegetarian and vegan diets.
- Every hour that you sit you should do 100 jumping jacks or some sort of exercising or functional movements.
- We’ve lost the nature intelligence due to living in cities.
- We used to build bonds and relationships through an exchange of goods.
- We no longer have to barter and have lost our social interactions.
- Things like crossfit and Yoga have gotten so popular because of the social aspects we need deep down inside.
- You get energy from being around people and having social interactions.
- We are more connected today, but it’s not a deep connection.
- It’s believed Cataracts is a defensive mechanism caused by blue light.
- Cows were designed to eat certain things, just like us. A grass fed cow has much healthier meat.
- Feeding cows corn makes them fat, but they become sick and unhealthy.
- Raising cows contributes significantly to global warming.
- Feeding cows grass, they release much less methane.
- People are often tricked into thinking things are healthier than they really are.
- Pasture raised eggs are much healthier than cage free.
- A good quality yoke is orange, not a pale yellow.
Beyond Your Wildest Genes Podcast: http://beyondyourwildestgenes.com
Direct download: James_-_EP_302.mp3
-- posted at: 12:01am PDT